(erielack) Passenger service in NJ/NY

I have often thought that perhaps the followin experiment should be tried=
. =

On Saturdays and Sundays, extend one of the Port Jervis trains to either
Lackawaxen or even Honesdale.  These are places that are still somewhat
difficult to get to from the NY metro area by car and have a fair amount =
of
weekend/tourist visitors.  For example there is an old style resort calle=
Woodloch Pines outside of Hawley that gets a couple hundred guest on summ=
er
weekends.  Do a little promotion and see if you drum up enough passengers=

to make it work.

As for Binghamton-Syracuse, I wonder how you time the trains.  Do you set=

it up to connect with Amtrak for eastbound or westbound connections? =

Perhaps traffic would be combinations like Cortland-Buffalo or
Binghamton-Rochester rather than the locals.

Tim