Re: (erielack) M&E/Rahway Valley News

Not to mention Dover's high platform.  More minis high-level platforms are
coming to meet ADA requirements.  They will also help parents with small
children in strollers and cyclists (if NJT can be convinced to stop there
when ever someone's using it).  Next up I think will be South Orange once
they decide that both (eastbound and center) platforms have to be at the
east end, as at all other stations so far.  It would be chaos (read: not
being able to ride locally between stations) to put any of the minis
anywhere else, as has been proposed for the island platform.

- --- DLW1155_@_aol.com wrote:
> One factor everyone has overlooked in all of this, especially when
> talking of piggyback or container trains, is clearances.
> The high level platforms at Summit and denville
> also have width restrictions that restrict certain cars as well.

=====
Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey