(erielack) Re: M&E/Rahway Valley

Sounds great but:

1.) What will they do about the Rte. 22 crossing? Even in the old days it was a
nightmare. Now all the cars are doing 65mph!

2.) Not only is the bridge in Summit gone, but there's a car dealer and
high-rise parkng lot where the Summit interchange used to be. Could maybe go
around them to the east, but that will be some high-priced land.

3.) Wasn't there talk of using the RV ROW for light rail? Could this be a
prelude to dual use? The NIMBY factor will be extremely high all the way from
Aldene to Summit, but perhaps light rail use would defuse it some.

There are certainly many background details we don't know.

So, I think this will take quite a while to come to fruition. But it'll be great
to ride some excursions with those restored red switchers when I'm 70!

dmg