Re: (erielack) EL SDP45 sold to Museum....

On 7/17/02 12:48 PM, "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
wrote:

> I don't think "care enough" to bid is a fair statement.

I think "care enough" is fair, Paul. It reflects the hard work, sweat and
care to make these projects come true. There are very few Bennet Levin's and
Ross Rowland's in the world, so usually it takes a couple two three people
who care to lead the charge.

If you want a current example of caring about an auction piece, look at the
Friends of the East Broad Top. They found out last month that two EBT relics
in Colorado are for sale (a coach and a combine I believe) at auction, and
they have been all over trying to raise money to bid.

They care.

When the news of the EL unit came up, no one stepped forward to care about
it like the EBT guys did.

I think Tim Stuy and his diner guys cared enough to make that project move
forward.

The point is, saving railroad equipment is a huge task. Wishing results in
nothing. Caring results in success.

Everyone can wish the big EMD went to an EL resting place, but no one cared
enough to organize the effort (myself included).

That was my point, and my 2.5 cents.  ;-)

Rob