(erielack) Questions re: Transfer cabeese

I was always wondering, and since I haven't seen photos of them in use (does anyone have one?), how were the EL's transfer cabooses used?

Were "standard" hacks used prior to Dereco's N&W-inspired implementation of these hacks? (T-10 thru T-34)  Did the crews like them? And how long were they really used? (I've seen images of them at locations other than yards)

It just seems to me like these were forced upon the EL in Dereco years. These cabooses, towards, the end of EL, had rusting paint and weren't exactly pristine anymore...

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981