Re: (erielack) O&W F3's on the Erie

Dear Group,

I often wondered what happened to the O&W F units... I knew that very
few were re-sold. Granted, when the O&W quit in 1957, the FTs were
already "yesterday's news," but they (and the O&W F3s) presumably still
had a number of good operating years left.  Any guesses as to why the
Erie or NYSW didn't pick up more of them at "fire sale" prices, since
they were sitting in Croxton anyway?

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>
ELHS #3178