RE: (erielack) DL&W RS3 make-up oil tanks

> Ex-Erie had end platforms that were different.  Cal Scale makes the
> appropriate part (as well as the "bug-eye" classification
> lights and hood
> bell for 10000 series units.

However, no one (to the best of my knowledge) makes the earlier "semi-fabricated" markers that appeared on a couple of the early Erie RS3s. Also, note that the Cal-Scale markers seem to be the retrofit version that the Erie added to the early ones (which had "steam locomotive-like" markers that stuck out the sides, not up - wonder how many crewmembers' heads hit these? ;)   The as-delivered RS3s that came from Alco with these had similar, but someone less "substantial" versions of them.

> Ex-Lackawanna units seem to
> have had standard
> Alco end handrails.  Paul?

Depends on what you call standard! Check these out:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/dlw907.jpg
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/dlw918b.jpg

It looks like they grafted on those "corner" handrails!

	- Paul