(erielack) Pascack Valley Line

Last week when I was up in New Jersey I went over into Bergan
County and checked out the old NJ&NY.  From Westwood north I
was surprised to see that just about all of the railroad stations had
been preserved.  They all looked great.  I wonder how this was
done?  This line never had a tremendous amount of passenger
service yet the communities seemed to have clung to their depots.
Everyone looked great from Westwood to Pearl River.  This little
line must have had a lot of people who cared for it.  It was sort of
like Erie's version of Lackawanna's Gladstone Branch (P&D for
purists).  Too bad they didn't cling to the old semaphore ABS that
was on the line as well.

Ed Montgomery